Tuesday, September 6

October Sky

October Sky

Pastel on Hahnemuhle Suede Paper
14x9
Private Collection
giclee available in custom sizes of your choice

On an evening when there was an almost cloudless sky, I needed to record the sunset as a remembrance for a couple celebrating their wedding reception at the nearly 100 year old, historic Grosse Pointe Yacht Club.

But, for me, sunset with not a cloud in sight presents an unexciting viewpoint. And, that is what I was getting. I searched and scanned the sky for something memorable, other than perfect blue.

Finally, as if on cue, a silver cloud-band appeared, the sky turned coral pink, and the cloud became illuminated with stripes of silver. The wedding couple may not have had eyes toward the sunset, but I on the other hand saw it all unfold, at just about the moment their wedding toasts were being completed.

For many reasons, I for one will not forget the beauty of the special evening.