Monday, October 31

Ya gotta have a little fun sometimes!

Not all work has to be serious and heaven knows the pieces I just finished are an example of that

.... I am preparing some light hearted, holiday art works which will be displayed and offered at the annual Grosse Pointe Yacht Club Holiday Boutique, November, 16 and 17, at the Grosse Pointe Yacht Club, 788 Lakeshore Road, Grosse Pointe Shores, MI.... I created a batch of oil pastels on textured mat boards, with whimsical snowmen as my subject matter, and had a great time laughing at each character when they were in progress and ultimately finished....

They will go to happy homes after the close of the boutique and the acceptance and enjoyment of the snowmen will again make me wonder if I should have been an artist for DISNEY rather than try to gain a reputation with the likes of Mary Cassatt ... OK, that's a stretch, but I figure ... "Dream big or go home...."

Anyway, I am pretty sure it would have been more FUN to work for Walt than to follow the life the Impressionists carved out for themselves... Oh, YUCK! All that Absinthe and angst! And, I can't be serious for all that long........ See you at the BOUTIQUE! :o)