Thursday, November 12

Honorable Mention - The Pastel 100 for 2009 !!!

Rain on the Hill - Grosse Pointe
.
The Pastel Journal holds an annual competition to choose the top 100 exceptional pastel paintings of the year. I just got the exciting news that Rain on the Hill was awarded an honorable mention in the Abstract & Non-Objective catagory! The piece will be included with the 100 pastel paintings chosen for 2009 and will be displayed in the April, 2010 issue of The Pastel Journal.
.
What a thrill. Being included is my greatest honor. I hardly know what more to say, so I think I will just let the news sink in. THIS IS WONDERFUL :O)
.
Rain on the Hill is currently on exhibit with the juried exhibition URBAN EDGE, at Grosse Pointe Art Center, 16900 Kercheval, Grosse Pointe, MI. January 22 - March 6th, 2010. ~ juror: Taurus Burns