Monday, October 26

The 2009 Commemorative Santa Claus

I'll Be There with Bells On
We all like to believe that Santa promises to visit the homes of all good little girls and boys each Christmas Eve. We can imagine that he waits all year with excited anticipation for his stopover at our houses. Here he assures us that he will be there by telling us "I'll be There with Bells On".

For a number of years I have created a Santa image to commemorate the holiday season. I completed the 2009 Santa this week. The piece is done in oil pastel on textured mat board is 24x32.
.
VISIT THE SANTA CLAUS SERIES at this link ... Santa Series.
.
In years past, I have worked on the Santas while I was in various locations. A few were done in the studio, this one was done while I visited my hometown of Bryan, Ohio. And, I find it comical that several were done in the hot Florida sunshine while I over looked the glittering waters of the Florida Keys. Seems a strange place to find inspiration to create art for the holidays. ~ Confirmation that if we believe, Santa visits all of us no matter where we are.