Thursday, December 16

Results of the CHRISTMAS OPEN HOUSE in the STUDIO Dec 12 and 13 -- Weekend of the huge snow and ice storm in the Upper Midwest!


T'was 2 weeks before Christmas
and all through the house,
the studio had no visitors,
Not even a mouse...

but the pictures were hung
by the chimney with care
in hopes that St. Nicholas
soon would be there -- TO BUY SOMETHING!

UNFORTUNATELY:
The moon on the breast of the new fallen snow,
gave the feeling of ALASKA and froze off my toe!

So, away to the window
I flew like a flash,
Tore open the studio door
and yelled with Panache ...
WHERE THE HECK ARE MY VISITORS?
I HAVE SANTAS GALORE,
NUTCRACKER PRINTS AND OH, SO MUCH MORE!

FRAMED PICTURES OF QUALITY ADORN MY DISPLAYS
10 PERCENT OFF, FOR THE NEXT 14 DAYS! ! !

I AM SERVING HOT COFFEE
AND, I ALSO HAVE WINE! ! !
OK! 30 PERCENT OFF
FROM NOON UNTIL 9!

Then, what to my wondering eyes should appear
but a bare naked driveway and NO cars! OH DEAR!

So ...... I listened to Carols
on my old CD player.
Even sang some out loud
since NO one could hear-er!

The snow kept on falling
and nobody came.
I whistled and shouted
50% OFF FOR PASTELS OF FAME!

......So, I relaxed for two days
and ate all the cookies
As I sat all alone.
CAUSE NOBODY TOOK LOOKies! :O(

The wine disappeared
cause it was open already.
Drank so much of it
my feet got unsteady.

As I stumbled to the door
for a last ditch appeal
75 PERCENT OFF,
I heard myself squeal!

Rock bottom prices
didn't bring the crowds in
So, I decided t'was useless
and closed up my bin!

Closed up the shop,
put a lock on the door,
I'll try again next year
with NEW work, and much more -- WINE!

I'll plan it for June
when the weather is warm.
Not close to Christmas,
or in a snow storm."

T'was fun and I'm saying
I'm glad that I did it ...
So, Merry Christmas to all
who didn't come visit ! :o)))))

Love, Shelley