Sunday, July 18

Recent Award for ROSIE'S GAZE


Rosie's Gaze
Oil Pastel
on Strathmore 500 series charcoal paper

.
North Light Books has compiled what it considers the finest examples of contemporary drawing out there today. It titles the coffee table book Strokes of Genius in reference to the fact that all the works represented are drawings. So far North Light Books has published two volumes in approximately 6 years... with a third volume in the final stages of development. The hard bound fine art book will debut in the fall of 2011.
.
Rosie's Gaze, my drawing in oil pastel on Strathmore 500 series charcoal paper, has been selected for inclusion in Volume Three of Strokes of Genius. I was notified a few weeks ago and I am still up in the clouds. I know this is an amazing achievement to be included with today's finest contemporary draftsmen and I consider this one of my highest honors ...
.
It seems my stars have aligned in the past year, because I have enjoyed an incredible amount of success: Inclusion in Pastel Journal's Pastel 100 for 2009, second place Detroit Society of Women Painters and Sculptors Annual Exhibition, and attaining the Virginia Thibedeau Award for Drawing in the GPAA Annual Exhibition.
.
I should stop typing and start arting, in order to confirm and validate my good fortune ... More about the publication when I know more.