Sunday, March 15

What would Monet do?


What would Monet do...
You’ve seen the bumper sticker. Well maybe you haven’t. You know what I mean. But if Monet was asked to do a bear for a benefit, would he do it, or say, NOPE, I just make SERIOUS art. Sorry.

Serious art or not, I’ve done a bear (subject as requested) for a benefit and will give the piece to the hosting organization for auction.

And, it’s my honor and pleasure to do so!

But, I hesitate to replace the previous artwork below, with this one, because I feel “Rain on the Hill” was one of those special pieces that when completed, the artist says … “who painted that? I held the medium, yes, but something took over -- and did the rest of the job”. Does not happen like that but a few times, ever! Such was “Rain on the Hill”. So to displace it with this pastel disappoints me. And to have gone from such a serious piece to this one … well …

...Back to the bear. It was fun. I am very happy to be able to help this cause. And, as always I took the creating of it very seriously.

But Monet is still rolling over in his grave, I bet.