Sunday, February 22

Rain on the Hill, Grosse Pointe

NOTE added 11.12.09:
The artists magazine "The Pastel Journal" awarded Rain on the Hill an Honorable Mention in the catagory of Abstract and Non-Objective, and it was chosen by the publication as one of the top 100 pastel paintings of the year for 2009. The top 100 paintings will be featured in the April 2010 issue.
.
Blog entry: 2.21.08 .. .This pastel represents a sight I experienced last week at sunset ... at dusk I was driving up a hill, toward the small shopping district here in town. This happens to be that time of evening when the sky can appear Van Gogh blue. The rain on the cement, the water blurring my vision through my windshield, and the colorful orange reflections on the pavement were wonderful! This pastel on paper resulted. I started and finished it yesterday....Saturday, Feb. 21st, 2008.