Tuesday, April 21

Williams County Castle - Hometown Ohio Series

Dusk at the Courthouse Square,
Pastel - Framed 20x22
.
I have developed a series of work inspired by the rural landscape, historic buildings and old fashioned values of the little town where I grew up. I am visiting there this week, doing works to add to the series. Scenes in the town offer pictorial images almost around every corner. The Williams County Court House stands in the center of town, and pretty much knocks your socks off when you see it. My choice for all time most magical view includes the band stand after sunset, when the sky is Van Gogh blue and the court house is bathed in dramatic spot lighting...the pastel I finished today.
Check out the photo below, for a view of "the castle" all decked out at Christmas.
I don't leave here for a few more days, so hopefully there be more additions to the series as the week progresses.